Bee City Mobile
Terms and Conditions
Payment Obligations, Renewals, and Cancellations
- Website Development Payment Obligations: Full initial payment is required in order to begin development of your website. The initial fee is known as the setup fee and the amount is determined by the plan of your choice. The outstanding balance on your website will be a specified monthly recurring charge (MRC) depending on the plan you have chosen for your business. This provision is in place to encourage the client to get content submitted promptly so that their site can go live. It also ensures that Bee City Mobile gets paid for performing their duty under the proposal, despite tardy content from the client. After payment, Bee City Mobile will provide the 1st month (MRC) at no cost to the client.
- Website Development Cancellation: If site design and development work has already begun (such as creating you mobile website), then the down payment is non-refundable. Bee City Mobile may elect at its sole discretion to offer a partial refund depending upon the circumstances.
- Payment Obligations: You agree to have the Monthly Recurring Charge (MRC) automatically deducted from your specified account on the day that you sign up and every month on the same day thereafter.
- Description of Ongoing Costs: There are 2 types of ongoing costs: domain registration and hosting.
- Domain name registration: This cost recurs monthly but is included in your MRC. Domain name registration gives you exclusive rights to a certain name, such as www.mygroup.beecitymobilesites.mobi, so that you can use it for your web-based purposes. Many services are not honest in the way they sell names and we spend a lot of time helping people re-secure rights to the name they thought they had already purchased. If you have registered your own name, make sure you have yourself as the Registrant and Administrative Contact with a current, easily accessible email address. This will help to ensure that your domain can be renewed or transferred should the need arise.
- Hosting: This cost recurs monthly but is in included in your MRC. Hosting places the domain name on a particular server connected to the web, which allows you to post a website for viewing through a browser. Hosting comes with domain-based emails, bandwidth, storage space, database and security tools, and other features. Projects that involve custom programming must be hosted with Bee City Mobile to ensure the programs that we write will work.
- Hosting Cancellation Payment Obligations: You may cancel 6 months after the day the website went live. Accounts that are terminated by Bee City Mobile for abuse or violations of internet standards or these terms and conditions will not receive any refund. All cancellations must be received in writing within 10 days previous to your scheduled ACH draft for your MRC, regular mail and e-mail are acceptable. Phone requests will not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. The initial down payment is non-refundable.
- Sites NOT Hosted by Bee City Mobile: Should client decide to host their site on another server, Bee City Mobile cannot guarantee that all elements of the site will work. Bee City Mobile will make a reasonable effort to research the problem on the foreign platform to let the client know what we think the problem is. However, we cannot take responsibility for problems caused by or on another hosting server, including but not limited to email, FTP, SSL, database, server software, and site security issues. If Bee City Mobile believes it will take a significant amount of time to fix the problem, we will advise the client before proceeding. In most cases, fixing problems on a foreign hosting server is included.
- Website Maintenance: There are no required maintenance fees other than your MRC depending on the plan that you have chosen.
- Homepage Design – Once the site design is approved by the client, the design is considered ready for implementation. Should the client wish to make changes to a design they have approved, those changes are billable at our standard rate of $100. Updating your mobile site is included in your (MRC).
- Navigation – Once site outline/map is approved by the client, the site navigation is considered ready for implementation. Combined with the approved graphic design, this becomes the site structure.
- Content – Provision of content is customer’s responsibility, unless specifically negotiated ahead of time as part of the project proposal.
o Text content – Copy for all website pages and links needs to be delivered digitally and should be carefully proof-read by the client. Two rounds of revisions will be provided free of charge. Subsequent revisions will be billable at Bee City Mobile discretion.
o Graphical content – Images outside of the website design must be provided in digital form or in a form that can be easily scanned, unless otherwise provided for in customer’s contract.
- Database Implementation – Entry of data by Bee City Mobile is provided for in customer’s contract.
- Email - If site is not hosted by Bee City Mobile, we take no responsibility for setting up and troubleshooting email problems.
- Technical Support - We offer 100% local and long-distance phone support to our clients. We do not normally bill for technical support depending on the source of the problem, its severity, and our time invested. If Bee City Mobile is not the source of the problem, technical support may be billable.
Training and Tutorials
Because customer service is in integral part of our business strategy, all of our projects include a one-time complimentary training session in order for our clients to better make use of their new web technology.
Websites with Proprietary Source Code
Should client contract with Bee City Mobile to write custom code for a website application, this code is not transferable to a new developer or host. Custom written source code is considered the property of Bee City Mobile and cannot be shared with other developers. Clients are granted a license to use custom software code while on Bee City Mobile servers only. Bee City Mobile retains ownership of the code.
In some cases, Bee City Mobile will install software for the client’s use that has been built by a third party. Examples include WordPress blog software, FCK editor software, shopping carts, photo galleries, etc. In these instances, clients will be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party who owns the software, and may use the software as a licensee only. No ownership rights of any kind are transferred to the client.
Access to or transfer of proprietary source code could result in a security risk to Bee City Mobile and its clients who are running similar pieces of code. In order to provide custom software development services, clients give us access to private and/or sensitive information, trade secrets, proprietary pricing and business methods. If clients believed that we may be sharing this information with outside developers, they could lose faith that we are protecting their proprietary information. Therefore, neither access nor transfer of any code built for any purpose that is unique and not commonly and publicly available can be granted. Should client want us to build software to run on another server, it must be disclosed upfront and specifically contracted for.
Website components that ARE transferable to another host include html code, graphics, logos, pictures, navigation, text, and the data residing within a database (but not the code). Hourly fees will apply for any special work that needs to be done to transfer those parts of website that do not violate the other paragraphs in this section.
Bee City Mobile maintains and troubleshoots the websites we develop for our clients. We do NOT assume responsibility for upkeep or provide troubleshooting on our clients’ ISPs (Internet Service Providers), ISP-based email accounts (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc), your home or office internet connections, or any other non-domain-based issues outside Bee City Mobile realm of service.